Todays diner Mahi Ba Sabzi Polou "Fish with Herbie Rice" and Spinach Borani "Yoghurt and Spinach"
I serve this with: "SPINACH BORANI"
This is so healthy and contains lots of iron, would recommend this if you are pregnant and lacking iron.
The amounts I have used do make a lot but it will keep for about a week in a yoghurt pot.
Wash the spinach in cold water and drain. Chop the spinach to small pieces.
I have a rice cooker and it is a life saver, I do cook rice different ways but for this receipe the rice cooker
is a must. A cup comes with the cooker I use around 1 cup of rice for 2 people, one cup of rice two cups of
water, so if you use 2 cups of rice it will be four cups of water. I always use basmati rice as it has a longer grain.
ماهی و برنج
Quick simple and cheap so here goes:
- Salmon 1 slice per person
- Oil for frying As much as you need
- Rice1 cup for two people
- Sabzi polou Half a cup to three quarters cup depending on how many rice cup you are using.
Sabzi polou This is dried herbs containing in equal parts:spinach-dill-chives-coriander
and parsley, you can find them in Iranian shops or Asian stores.
Or just use fresh herbs -put them in your blender
and parsley, you can find them in Iranian shops or Asian stores.
Or just use fresh herbs -put them in your blender
Rinse the rice in the rice cooker and add the equal amounts of water. Add salt I usually add around 1/4 of
a tablespoon per cup of rice, add a tablespoon of butter and the dried herbs, the herbs will float on the top
but dont worry about this. Put the cooker on, when the cooker has gone to warm place a tea-towel around the lid and keep tight untill you want to serve the rice. Leave for about 30 minutes it helps the rice become fluffy, You can leave the rice like this for hours.
When you have fried your salmon to your taste squeeze half a lemon over the salmon.
Dish the rice, using the plastic spoon add another tablespoon of butter and gently mix the rice in the pot.
![]() |
| Sabzi Poulo Ba Mahi |
I serve this with: "SPINACH BORANI"
This is so healthy and contains lots of iron, would recommend this if you are pregnant and lacking iron.
The amounts I have used do make a lot but it will keep for about a week in a yoghurt pot.
- Natural Yoghurt Around 500grams
- Pack of Baby Spinach Around 500grams
- Olive oil/Butter One tbs of each
- Garlic grated Clove or less adjust to your taste, (you dont have to use it)
- Salt
- Pepper
Wash the spinach in cold water and drain. Chop the spinach to small pieces.
In a frying pan heat the oil and butter and add the spinach cook for around 5 minutes,or until the water has evaporated.
Let the spinach cool completely.
Mix the spinach and yoghurt salt & pepper and garlic well.
Put in the fridge to cool.
ENJOY!
ENJOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment